- 1.How product imagery can impact your online store
- 2.Why online store product photos and copy must work together
- 3.How many product shots do you really need?
- 4.Tips to ensure photos enhance your online store design
- 5.Ecommerce product photography 101 for beginners
- 6.Why an About Us page is important for online stores
- 7.Online store copywriting tips that engage and convert
- 8.Ecommerce Microcopy and CTA’s: Getting it write
- 9.What copywriting mistakes are causing you to lose sales
- 10.Ecommerce strategy: how to get customers to come back to your online store
- 11.Marketing strategy: Start a blog on your online store
- 12.Digital direct marketing tactics for your online store
- 13.Market your online store with these 8 ideas
Marketing your online store after you have launched it is the biggest challenge of them all. It is not something you can ignore and if done incorrectly can become very expensive. If your marketing isn’t working, it might be time to change things up. That’s where this article is going to help you out. Below you’ll find 8 ideas that you can use to market your online store.
1. Market your online store with your customer reviews
Research has shown that 92% of consumers read online reviews, so this is a really important marketing tool for you to utilise. Your existing customers are your best source for information about your product to potential customers. If you have a product your customers think is great, well then you have yourself some unique, genuine content to promote, share and use in your online store marketing.
2. Using user-generated content to market your online store
User-generated content is a step up from customer reviews. This doesn’t involve your customers’ write ups but instead any visual content they produce. This could mean using the Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or YouTube pictures, videos or other relatable content that is produced by your customers using your products.
However, this step does take a little extra work in order to implement. Due to your customers posting to their own private social media you would be required to get permission to use their content in your marketing. Encourage your customers to tag you or use your hashtag in their posts. This can solve some of these issues and quickly build some user content and social media interaction.
3. Use video to market products from your online store
“How to” is a notoriously popular search request on Google and “how to” tutorials are some of the most popular content on the internet. You can create “how to” or similar tutorial-style videos of your product. By doing so, when a potential customer is searching for a way to do something, your video (and therefore your product) will come up as their possible solution.
4. Invest time in blog content as part of your online marketing
It may sound time consuming, but taking the time to create useful blog content can be a really valuable marketing tool. Blogging allows the chance to build your own community, utilise relevant keywords and key phrases to boost your SEO and most importantly drive traffic. The great thing about a blog is the potential it can have. Your existing and potential customers may have questions and one easy way to answer them is on the blog. By creating engaging, enjoyable blog content you can answer these questions as well as introduce your potential clients to your brand in a low pressure environment.
5. Your online store could use some gamification
Gamification is a great way to get a user to come back to your store. By rewarding your customers with a loyalty program for shopping on your store you create the urge for them to return to gain more points, rewards, free gifts etc. Follow this link for more information on what gamification is.
6. Give away some free stuff
Now who doesn’t like free stuff? Giveaways are a great way to keep new visitors interested as well as get customers to keep coming back. There are a range of competitions you can run via social media, in partnership with other brands, through traditional media and through your database to really build up a following for your online store. This is an incredibly effective way to market your online store and get your brand out there.
7. Find some social influencers to help with your marketing
Using social influencers is a great way to market products for your online store to the correct audience. Choose someone with a high following of the type of person you are wanting to target to on social media. You can negotiate a deal with a social influencer to do a review on your product, take photos with the product or just to post and share their thoughts and comments. Let them promote your online store for you.
8. Market with forums or groups
By finding local forums or groups relating to what you sell, you can answer any questions and provide value to the group without blatantly promoting your site. Over time people will be able to find their way to your online store.
By implementing the tips and tricks that have been explained above you should be able to start generating better traffic to your online store. Many of these ideas can be run at the same time or for the duration of a campaign and most of them don’t cost money (maybe some free product and time). You can look at more traditional marketing ideas for your online store here. Keep trying new things until you find what works! We would love to help you with your unique store marketing challenges. Contact us for a consultation.