Having a website is not keeping up with the Joneses anymore. A website is basic bread and butter for business. Now you need a better website to keep up with the digital Joneses. The internet is in a constant state of change with continuous updates and tweaks to algorithms – all to make the internet a better place for us, the users. This year, you need a better website as it’s where all your digital and traditional marketing aims to ultimately convert people into customers.
New, bigger, better.
Marketing is and always has been a game of constant change. With websites becoming the number one point of contact a stranger has with your business, you need to make sure it does a good job of selling who you are and what you are about.
Websites are the smart yellow pages
In the “good old days” you could take out a bigger, flashier ad in the yellow pages to ensure your business is seen by people searching for someone like you.They then picked up the phone and either wasted your time or became a customer – hit and miss really. Streamlining your website and constantly making it better will allow you to convert the potentials and minimise the time wasters. It’s a smart yellow pages.
The competition is global
The “digital yellow pages” are global. You are competing with every online business in the world. You need a better website to be found and to compete. Having a Facebook page or a one-page website is no longer enough.
So what does a better website look like? It must…
- Be mobile friendly.
- Be secure.
- Have an easy-to-remember, relevant domain name.
- Contain strategic content based on carefully chosen keywords.
- Clearly communicate your key service offering and unique selling points with minimal reading.
- Not have an overwhelming amount of copy.
- Have your contact details clearly visible.
- Have your business name written out a few times as text.
- Be linked to your social media accounts.
- Be backed up by Google Search Ads (Here is a beginner’s guide to Google Ads)
Making your website better should be a daily goal for your business. Digital is so powerful as it can be constantly improved and monitored with tools such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console. What are you wanting to make better on your website this year? Let us know in the comments below.