OPPORTUNITY: WordPress Engineer
We are looking for an experienced WordPress Engineer responsible for managing plugins and code built for WordPress.
We are looking for an experienced WordPress Engineer responsible for managing plugins and code built for WordPress. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of central databases, application of WordPress standards and UI elements, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary. Lastly, you will be integrating with various platforms in different shapes, forms and sizes. An understanding of modern (and sometimes not so modern) API practices, including building your own, is required.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable and reusable WordPress plugins
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integrate data storage solutions, such as MySQL
- Deploy solutions to staging and production environments (be prepared to get your DevOps hands dirty) or the WordPress repo
- Maintain existing plugins and SaaS solutions
- Manage WooCommerce products, plugins and integration
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical disciplines
- Proven experience 2-6 years as a WordPress Engineer or similar role
- Strong knowledge of PHP and WordPress core / APIs
- Understanding of the fully synchronous behaviour of PHP
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance (“Little Johnny Tables”)
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Familiarity with SQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience working with distributed teams, including the ability to work effectively as a remote member of a dynamic, distributed team with tight deadlines
- Exceptional organisational skills
- You must be self-motivated, quick-thinking and able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Flicker Leap. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
At Flicker Leap, we thrive on solving real-world problems by digitising business processes, developing digital products, building online stores and creating functional websites. We focus on providing unassailable digital solutions. Unassailable is a powerful word that means “unable to be attacked, questioned or defeated”. We are continually unearthing solutions and exploring recent technologies, languages, platforms and infrastructures. We place immense value on our employees and we aim to create a workforce culture that promotes bringing value to our clients through high performance, unassailable ideas and continuous learning.
What it takes to work for us
Benefits and Remuneration
- Continued learning opportunities
- Modern and flexible work environment, including working from home
- Fully remote
- Market-related salary
Please fill in the form below (taking note of the prerequisites).